For the Crepes:
3 large free-range eggs
3 tbsps rapeseed oil, plus extra for the pan
600ml whole milk
¼ tsp sea salt
1 ½ tsps vanilla extract
270g plain flour
60g matcha powder, plus extra to dust
70g caster sugar
Mascarpone white chocolate whipped ganache:
150g white chocolate
7g gelatine powder
40g iced water
410g whipping cream
390g mascarpone cheese, full fat
50g maple / coconut syrup
Kiwis, berries, chocolate shavings and mini meringues to serve.
1. For the best results, begin the ganache the day before. Add the gelatine and iced water to a small bowl and stir to dissolve. Set aside.
2. Break the white chocolate into small pieces in a large heatproof bowl. Add the cream, mascarpone and maple syrup to a medium pan and whisk to combine. Bring to a boil, remove from the heat and whisk in the gelatine.
3. Pour the hot cream over the white chocolate and leave to stand, without stirring, for 1 minute. Whisk until the chocolate is smooth and homogenous. Do not overmix.
4. Cover the surface with plastic wrap and pop in the fridge overnight to set.
5. The next day, add the eggs, oil, milk, salt, vanilla, flour, matcha and sugar to a blender and blend until smooth. Cover the surface with plastic wrap and chill for at least 30 minutes.
6. While the batter is chilling, transfer your ganache to the bowl of a stand mixer and whip on high speed for 4-5 minutes until light and fluffy, set aside until the crepes are cooked.
7. Heat a Crepe Pan or non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat. Dribble a small amount of oil onto the pan and use kitchen paper to spread and wipe away the excess (you will only need to do this every 3-4 crepes).
8. Add a ladle of the batter and swirl over the pan until even and thin. Cook for about 30 seconds until bubbles appear on the surface then flip and cook until dry. Remove and repeat with the remaining batter.
9. When ready, serve the crepes piled high with ganache, fruits, berries, and chocolate shavings.
Discover the Stellar Hard Anodised Crepe Pan for your most amazing pancakes. Recipe created by www.stellar.co.uk