Served hot in a shot glass with a flambé of cognac…
Mise en bouche for 10 people.
• Black pudding 450g
• Pink lady Apples 2 each
• Unsalted butter 10g
• Brandy/cognac 2 tbsp
• Salt and pepper to season.
• Oil for frying
• Buy the most common black pudding, (not the big diameter), and make 10 slices of 2mm of thickness. Deep fry the slices and let them cool down on a tissue paper.
• Cut the rest of the black pudding into 1cm cubes.
•Peel and score the apples, reserve 10 wedges on the side and cut the rest into cubes also.
• In a hot pan, melt the butter and pour and the sear the apples first including the wedges for 2 minutes, add the cubes of black pudding into the pan also and carry on cooking for another 2 minutes.
• Pour the Cognac into the pan and flambé then (be aware of your eyebrows!) Season to taste and arrange in small shot glasses.
• Garnish with the apples wedges and the fried slice of black pudding. Serve hot and enjoy!