White Port and Citrus Pancakes by Fred Bolin
Fred’s top tip – make the batter 24 hours in advance.
- 2 eggs
- 100g plain flour
- 200ml milk
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 orange
- 1 pink grapefruit
- 100g caster sugar
- 50ml Graham’s Blend No.5 port
- 100g butter
- Mix eggs and flour, add milk and salt and whisk into a smooth batter.
- Zest the orange, add zest to the batter.
- Take the segments out of the orange and segment the pink grapefruit, saving the juices.
- Fry the pancakes in 80g of the butter and put them to side.
- Add Graham’s Blend No.5 port, sugar and citrus juice to the pancake pan, bring to boil and reduce a little.
- Take the pan off the heat, add the rest of the butter bit by bit to emulsify.
- Add the citrus segments last. It should be a thick, syrupy sauce.
- Plate up the pancakes, serve with the sauce on top.